About Me

My photo
I'm a bit of a born-again wargamer! I played many of the Games Workshop games when I was in my teens and early twenties, but left the hobby behind when I went to University. Over the last few years I have gradually got back into it and am literally having a ball! I'll play pretty much anything now, ranging from ancient historical to the far future! I think that I get more out of the painting side of things than actually playing, but that might just be because I get more opportunity. Hence the title...this blog is all about the colour of war!!

Sunday 12 June 2011

Orin Ramheim, Dwarf Warrior

Finally finished the Dwarf figure from Reaper that I've been trying out some different techniques. Some I'm happier with than others, but then, some bits were quite a bit more challenging than others. The bronze I'm pretty happy with. The non-metallic metal iron I'm also quite happy with, especially as the gold runes have tied it all together. Which brings me onto the gold. This was quite a challenge! Some bits, like the gold rim of the ivory horn under his shield arm look really good, but some bits show that I definitely need some practice with this technique. Of course, a jewel encrusted goblet is maybe not the best thing to be starting out on!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I actually gave him away (he was always intended as a gift) and the recipient seemed quite pleased! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...