About Me

My photo
I'm a bit of a born-again wargamer! I played many of the Games Workshop games when I was in my teens and early twenties, but left the hobby behind when I went to University. Over the last few years I have gradually got back into it and am literally having a ball! I'll play pretty much anything now, ranging from ancient historical to the far future! I think that I get more out of the painting side of things than actually playing, but that might just be because I get more opportunity. Hence the title...this blog is all about the colour of war!!

Saturday 2 February 2013

On the painting table...

January was a pretty busy month on the blog, so I thought I'd keep the momentum up and talk about what is on the painting table this week. Since announcing my pledge to not buy any more figures* I have managed to keep to it, but I've only managed to knock 3 figures off the pile - the Reverend Custodier, Prowler and Sebastian. At this rate I'll not be buying anything till next year! So I need to keep forging ahead and I thought it might be a worthwhile exercise to post here what I intend to paint over the coming week and see whether I can make it. 

First up is the Viking for Ray Rousell who won it in the giveaway on Wednesday. I've cleaned him up and primed him black, ready for the first lick of paint.

Next is a Reaper Chronoscope figure - Xiufang, Femme Fatale - that I've been itching to paint ever since I clapped eyes on her in Static Games in Glasgow. She doesn't really fit precisely into any one game that I play, but I think I could use her in 7TV or SuperSystem as either a hero or villain (though that might depend on the colour of the dress)! I didn't have any decent bases for her, so I mixed up some ProCreate and fashioned a flagstone like surface on the base provided. As I was pinning her on I decided that it would make sense to prime her white and the base black, which is something I've never done before! :)

Finally we have a Pupnik from the Uberfallkommando for Infinity. I assembled and started this miniature last year (he makes an appearance in my post bemoaning multi part metal figures) and I simply got fed up and disillusioned by him. But after making a couple of good efforts with Infinity figures recently I decided to knuckle down and get it finished!

So...better get started! 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...