About Me

My photo
I'm a bit of a born-again wargamer! I played many of the Games Workshop games when I was in my teens and early twenties, but left the hobby behind when I went to University. Over the last few years I have gradually got back into it and am literally having a ball! I'll play pretty much anything now, ranging from ancient historical to the far future! I think that I get more out of the painting side of things than actually playing, but that might just be because I get more opportunity. Hence the title...this blog is all about the colour of war!!

Monday 21 January 2013

Infinity - Reverend Custodier

So, tomorrow should see me playing Infinity for the first time and in my excitement I decided to paint up a Nomad that I really liked out of my 'to do' pile. Now...I have a bit of a love/hate thing going on with the Corvus Belli Infinity range. I think they are beautiful figures and they come in lots of dynamic poses, but they really do not suit my normal painting style. The detail on them is super fine and delicate, which means that my usual 3-colour technique doesn't work everywhere. But, on the plus side, it means that I'm being stretched to try different things and make use of washes and drybrushing, which I normally don't bother too much with. But this model? I love this model! The detailing is fine, but not so that it is lost in the painting. The pose is fantastic! Somehow it conveys action and is energetic without arms and legs going in all directions. It was this figure and the Sin Eater Observants that drew me to the Nomads and Bakunin in particular and I'm happy to say that this one sits firmly on the love side of the love/hate ratio! Hope you like it as much as I do!




And, in other news, this is post #99, so look out for my next post where I'll be celebrating that milestone and giving something back to you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...