About Me

My photo
I'm a bit of a born-again wargamer! I played many of the Games Workshop games when I was in my teens and early twenties, but left the hobby behind when I went to University. Over the last few years I have gradually got back into it and am literally having a ball! I'll play pretty much anything now, ranging from ancient historical to the far future! I think that I get more out of the painting side of things than actually playing, but that might just be because I get more opportunity. Hence the title...this blog is all about the colour of war!!

Monday 3 December 2012

Leibster Blog Awards


So, there seems to be an award thingie doing the blog rounds where bloggers can give the nod to other bloggers that they have found to either be useful or entertaining, or whatever. I was really surprised to see my little blog receive this award, as it's hardly a titan in the field like Anatolis Games Room or The Angry Lurker! But it was a really nice gesture from Caliban (aka Paul) so I'll accept graciously and post my choices, although I'm struggling to see a blog in my watch list that hasn't already been nominated!

The rules:

- Copy and paste the award on your blog, linking it to the blogger who has given it to you.
- Pass the award to your top five favourite blogs with fewer than 200 followers by leaving a comment on one of their blog posts to notify them that they have won the award and list them on your own blog.
- Sit back and bask in that warm fuzzy feeling that comes with knowing that you have just made someone's day.
- There is no obligation to pass this onto anyone else but it is nice if you do.

My nominations are:-
  • Shed Wars - This is a very interesting blog covering the FIW mostly. As this is something I'm looking at (I have Muskets & Tomahawks) then I found this most inspirational.
  • Pulp Citizen - This is mostly about Pulp City. I don't play it (yet) but I like the genre and the site has lots of nice pictures and very entertaining batreps.
  • Hard Boiled Zombies - Another genre that I really want to break into is zombies! I have ATZ and some 15mm figures and the batreps here are very entertaining and inspirational.
  • Colgar6 and the Infinite Legion of Toy Soldiers - Keeping with the zombie theme, but also with a healthy dose of cowboy action! It's almost criminal that this blog doesn't have more followers!
  • Dales Wargames - Lots of Flames of War and Commands and Colors thoughts and analysis. Definitely worth a read if you're into either of these systems.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the nomination...

    Will come back and look at your site soon...

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on this award! Also, many thanks for nominating my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...