About Me

My photo
I'm a bit of a born-again wargamer! I played many of the Games Workshop games when I was in my teens and early twenties, but left the hobby behind when I went to University. Over the last few years I have gradually got back into it and am literally having a ball! I'll play pretty much anything now, ranging from ancient historical to the far future! I think that I get more out of the painting side of things than actually playing, but that might just be because I get more opportunity. Hence the title...this blog is all about the colour of war!!

Monday 11 June 2012

Artizan Viking Bondi

Just finished a pack of 6 Artizan Bondi armed with spears and thought I'd post a couple of pics (ok, still to finish the bases). The figures are what you'd expect from Artizan - very nice. The tunics flow very nicely and the faces and beards are well sculpted. The poses are quite similar, but that's OK, they'll be mixed in with the Gripping Beast units so they will be spread out. That's also why I just did three of each basic colour scheme, too. Some bits were a bit hurried as I just wanted to get them out the way, but that's fine as they will be bulking out a 30 strong unit. Compared to the Gripping Beast figures, I think the GB ones are a little more characterful and varied. Once the bases are finished and I'm putting them in the box with the GB I might take some side-by-side comparison shots.


Overall, the Artizan are a bit cheaper if you buy from other sources rather than direct from the web site, but not by much (about 20p a figure). A strong showing from Artizan and I would recommend them without any reservations!  

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! I did a whole stack of Dark Age minis last year but mostly used plastics for rank and file like Bondi, and Foundry and GB metals for character figs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look good - I like the streak / wood effect on the shields.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please let me know if you’re looking for a article writer for your site. You have some really great posts and I feel I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d absolutely love to write some material for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please send me an email if interested. Thank you! viking shield

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...