About Me

My photo
I'm a bit of a born-again wargamer! I played many of the Games Workshop games when I was in my teens and early twenties, but left the hobby behind when I went to University. Over the last few years I have gradually got back into it and am literally having a ball! I'll play pretty much anything now, ranging from ancient historical to the far future! I think that I get more out of the painting side of things than actually playing, but that might just be because I get more opportunity. Hence the title...this blog is all about the colour of war!!

Friday 28 January 2011

Red means danger!

Well...for whoever gets in the way! :) Here's the latest bunch of Magister Militum Romans, this time in a fetching scarlet tunic, which is the very height of fashion amongst discerning Ancients gamers these days! You should be able to spot the shield I had to fix. It's the second from left in the first photo which is a bit more dipped than the rest. Due to the miscast that figure sits a bit more forward, butit's not too bad!


2 comments:

  1. Always like Romans in red - I've got red hastati, principes and triarii (hides the blood well, I find).

    Yours look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Phil! You mean the other guy's blood! :) I'm currently painting some triarii in white so I have equal mounts in red and white. Next is a bunch of Campanian hoplites and I have no idea what colour I'm going to use. I suppose I should mix in various shades, but I will probably go for a brownish theme.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...