About Me

My photo
I'm a bit of a born-again wargamer! I played many of the Games Workshop games when I was in my teens and early twenties, but left the hobby behind when I went to University. Over the last few years I have gradually got back into it and am literally having a ball! I'll play pretty much anything now, ranging from ancient historical to the far future! I think that I get more out of the painting side of things than actually playing, but that might just be because I get more opportunity. Hence the title...this blog is all about the colour of war!!

Wednesday 16 June 2010

Back in the field

It's been tough these past few weeks to get much gaming and painting in, but I finally managed to make it into the club last night where I managed to get a game of Field of Glory. The game was set in the Crusades and used Jon and Michael's stunning 28mm armies. Alas, I forgot to take pictures, but you can see Jon's army if you view his blog which is linked over on the right. I really enjoyed this game and I thought the rules were very good. I bought them almost a year ago at Claymore and have read through a couple of times, but I have never had the figures to play it. On those readings it seemed like quite a complex system with all the dice adjustments for cohesion and 'points of advantage' to determine to-hit rolls, but when we got rolling in the game it all just clicked in and wasn't overwhelming. What's more, I got a really good feeling from the game and I think I'll definitely be spurred on to paint my Romans and Seleucids. I'm actually feeling a little spoilt for choice with the ancients at the moment...I have DBA, Field of Glory, Basic Impetus and Commands and Colours! Happy days!

PS: On the painting front, I have started another 6 Tommies for the Crete project and am documenting how I paint faces, so I hope to have that posted soon.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...