About Me

My photo
I'm a bit of a born-again wargamer! I played many of the Games Workshop games when I was in my teens and early twenties, but left the hobby behind when I went to University. Over the last few years I have gradually got back into it and am literally having a ball! I'll play pretty much anything now, ranging from ancient historical to the far future! I think that I get more out of the painting side of things than actually playing, but that might just be because I get more opportunity. Hence the title...this blog is all about the colour of war!!

Friday 5 July 2013

Hold Your Breath - Black Hat Hopping Vampire and Hunters

A couple of posts back I showed some photos of the figures I had bought from Black Hat Miniatures' Tales of the Dragon Kings range and compared them against the North Star In Her Majesty's Name figures. Seeing as we've now seen the latter with some paint splashed on I think it's only fair we see the Vampire Hunters likewise pigmented! So without further ado...
The assembled gang!









I. Love. These. Figures!! I think that some people might find them perhaps a little caricatured, but I just reckon they are bursting with character and were an absolute joy to paint. The detail is just right for my style of painting: not too detailed but not too bland either. All told, I'm delighted with these and will definitely be painting up more. I actually have the Chinese Ghosts pack to do next and then I'll be trying a wee adaptation of 7th Voyage to play a 'Mr. Vampire' game. So stay tuned for that and rest assured that holding your breath will feature heavily! :)

4 comments:

  1. Lovely figures, as always. I particularly like the flame effects, both in the lantern and on the torch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was quite pleased how the lamp and torch came out. I was briefly tempted to try some OSL on these, but came to my senses! :)

      Delete
  2. Very nice painting. I had not seen those figures before. I do like chinese vampires. When channel 4 was in its infancy it used to run late night series of Chinese Ghost/Vampire films and the more light hearted kung fu films. Loved them. Never seen most of them again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, moonshadow. It's exactly that season of Chinese Ghost Stories on Channel 4 when I saw Mr Vampire and other good stuff like Zu Warriors. But I loved Mr Vampire the most so these minis were a must. You should check out the range. I've also picked up the Monkey pack which is just ace.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...