About Me

My photo
I'm a bit of a born-again wargamer! I played many of the Games Workshop games when I was in my teens and early twenties, but left the hobby behind when I went to University. Over the last few years I have gradually got back into it and am literally having a ball! I'll play pretty much anything now, ranging from ancient historical to the far future! I think that I get more out of the painting side of things than actually playing, but that might just be because I get more opportunity. Hence the title...this blog is all about the colour of war!!

Friday 6 April 2012

Malifaux Guild Guard 1

Just finished the first of the Guild Guard figures I've been working on. As they're Guild I thought I'd better do them a bit better than normal to fit in with the rest of Perdita's crew. The coat on this one was painted Vallejo Dark Blue and then shaded by adding Dark Prussia Blue to it bit by bit and glazing away. Then Andrea Blue was added to the Dark Blue and some very minimal highlights added. To try something different I painted the second Guardsman coat by starting with Dark Prussia Blue and highlighting up. To be honest I prefer this model, but I won't go back and repaint the other one. Hopefully I'll get it finished before next Tuesday, though, because...shock...I actually have my very first game of Malifaux scheduled! Really looking forward to that and I'll try to remember to take some pics and post a batrep. After that I'll be concentrating on more Reaper superheroes.





Again, not varnished yet so excuse some shininess in a couple of pictures. I'm hoping to pop into town tomorrow to investigate some alternatives.

2 comments:

  1. Great painting, though I myself think the other miniature is a tad cooler and like it more :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anatoli! And I completely agree on the other model. The pose is just that bit more dynamic and interesting.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...