About Me

My photo
I'm a bit of a born-again wargamer! I played many of the Games Workshop games when I was in my teens and early twenties, but left the hobby behind when I went to University. Over the last few years I have gradually got back into it and am literally having a ball! I'll play pretty much anything now, ranging from ancient historical to the far future! I think that I get more out of the painting side of things than actually playing, but that might just be because I get more opportunity. Hence the title...this blog is all about the colour of war!!

Monday 11 October 2010

All quiet on the blog front!

I find that, sometimes, I get a bit burnt out with painting and just can't get on with it. This seems to happen more often after I've been racing through the figures trying to get them done in time for some project or particular game. Most of September was like that, especially after I came back from holiday. But I'm starting to get a bit of momentum back now, thank goodness. Unfortunately, like many other gamers, I also can't help but get distracted by that shiny new army or project! I really need to stay focussed and get the current project done before I move onto something else...but that pile of 6mm Napoleonics is looking very appealing at the moment! :)

So what's the current project? Well, I managed to get another Roman battlegroup for FoG or Armati or Impetus or Tactica II or whatever done, but the main effort is now directed at a Full Thrust starter fleet!! The evil ones at the club introduced me to this game which is a lot of fun and, like Check Your 6!, pretty cheap to get onto the table. A double starter fleet from Ground Zero Games only cost £25 for 8 ships a side...plenty to get started with. James has also agreed to paint one side (FSE) so that I can concentrate on the other (NSL) which means we have an excellent chance of getting a game in a couple of weeks. And so, without further ado we leap from ancient Rome to the far future...




1 comment:

  1. The Gujarat Board has reduced the GSEB 12th Syllabus 2021 by 30% in view of COVID-19 pandemic. The revised syllabus has been released on the official website of the State Board. The GSEB HSC Syllabus 2021 has been released for both the Science and General streams. GSEB STD 12 Syllabus pdf Students must go through the GSEB HSC syllabus 2021 carefully and read all the important topics carefully. They must also be well aware of the examination pattern for all the subjects. Students appearing for GSEB Class 12 Science stream examinations must go through the complete GSEB HSC Syllabus for Science and chalk out their study schedule accordingly. They must cover all the important topics and cover the syllabus well in time to leave ample time for revision at the end.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...