About Me

My photo
I'm a bit of a born-again wargamer! I played many of the Games Workshop games when I was in my teens and early twenties, but left the hobby behind when I went to University. Over the last few years I have gradually got back into it and am literally having a ball! I'll play pretty much anything now, ranging from ancient historical to the far future! I think that I get more out of the painting side of things than actually playing, but that might just be because I get more opportunity. Hence the title...this blog is all about the colour of war!!

Tuesday 3 August 2010

DBA army finished

Where exactly did the month of July go? I suppose it was washed down the gutter with all the rainwater!

However, I did get through quite a lot of painting and my Polybian Roman DBA army is now completely finished. I also received a DBA mat from Terrain Mat and I have to say I'm delighted with this particular purchase. It simply looks fantastic, especially with the bases painted to suit it! I am seriously tempted to buy some larger mats for our 6 x 4 table. I also painted a Dalek figure for James, who's birthday fell in the middle of the month (Happy Birthday, James!), so that was a pleasant distraction from the ancients. The last week I've been furiously preparing for the next Check Your 6! campaign game at the club, too, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the camera doesn't play up this time!!!

On to the pics of the army and that glorious mat (seriously...you want one of these!)






2 comments:

  1. Hi Ian, the army looks great when it's all put together. The new mat is lovely - it would be good to get some of the larger ones for the club, but then we'd have to store them!

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paul! The mat is really good quality! I hope to bring it to the club in a couple of weeks so my newly painted Romans can get thrashed!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...