About Me

My photo
I'm a bit of a born-again wargamer! I played many of the Games Workshop games when I was in my teens and early twenties, but left the hobby behind when I went to University. Over the last few years I have gradually got back into it and am literally having a ball! I'll play pretty much anything now, ranging from ancient historical to the far future! I think that I get more out of the painting side of things than actually playing, but that might just be because I get more opportunity. Hence the title...this blog is all about the colour of war!!

Sunday 9 May 2010

Let's go NUTS!

It's taken me a while, but I finally have enough figures painted to try out some of the skirmish rules that I think might work for the Crete games. The two sets I have are NUTS! and Flying Lead. I really like the idea of the NUTS! chain reaction system and in some of my 'painting table tests' they seem to give a very realistic result. Flying Lead I haven't tried yet, but it also seems to have some attractive mechanics. Hopefully, due to the relatively low numbers of figures (at most a section each side) I can try both rules at the club in one night. Anyway...on to the figures :-




The above are my first go at the Splittermuster 41 camouflage. Being colourblind these types of uniforms are a real challenge, but thanks to the wonders of the online paint guide, I think they turned out alright. I reckon I might be able to do a little better with more practice, but that's just the perfectionest in me! The following is an ensemble shot of all the Fallschirmjager that I have painted:


And of course, the Tommies who are going to miss every opportunity to kick them back to Germany (at least if history is to repeat itself)!


If I remember to take the camera with me I'll take some shots of the games and post a batrep here...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...